Breakfast is my favorite meal of the day! Generally I love to wake up well before the time I have to leave for work so I can relax and enjoy a cup of tea, beautiful music, maybe a book and of course a walk with my dog. Besides after such a calming morning routine even a tough work seems to be much easier!
Usually during winter, my breakfast meal consists of cooked, unprocessed grains such as rolled oats, buckwheat or zea together with a fresh fruit and some nuts. Today I combined organic rolled oats, pistachios and fresh almond milk. In order to avoid adding extra sweeteners I garnished my oats with a very ripe persimmon -maybe my favorite winter fruit. I can say for sure that this was one of the best breakfast bowls I‘ve ever tasted. Each bite was rich, hearty and creamy owing to the nut milk, with some crunchy explosions of nuts and a mild sweet, exotic and fruity taste.
I think that this is what it takes to start a day in a good and happy way!
- ½ cup grain flakes (such as rolles oats or buckwheat)
- 1 tbsp grated coconut
- 1 cup nut milk of your choice (such as almond milk or coconut milk)
- 1 persimmon very ripe
- 2-3 tbsp grated nuts (walnuts or pistachios)
- 1 tbsp chia seeds or flax seeds(optional)
- In a small saucepan, add the almond milk and bring to boil.
- Add the rolled oats, the chia seeds and the grated coconut, stir and turn off the heat. Allow to stand for 5-10 minutes.
- Cut the persimmon in half and scoop out the inner flesh from each half.
- Serve the oats in a bowl garnished with the nuts and the persimmon.