… or you can call it raw vegan lemon cheesecake! No matter how you are going to name this raw vegan recipe, if you are one of those who like citrus fruits in desserts, this is probably one of the vegan recipes you are going to stick with as it has the characteristic fragrance and taste of fresh lemons and the sweetness of the lemon-pie but on the same time it is healthy, sugar free, gluten free and raw vegan. It’s easy to make, it’s one of the healtiest vegan desserts I can think of (appart from raw fruits of course 🙂 )
Since we are passionate with lemony desserts, I make this recipe whenever we want to taste an authentic lemon cream without sugar, gluten and baking.
(for a pie of 20-22 cm diameter)
For the crust
- ½ cup raw almonds
- ½ cup raw walnuts
- ½ cup raisins
For the lemon cream
- 2 cups raw cashews, soaked for 4-6 hours and drained
- ½ cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- ½ cup agave nectar or other raw liquid sweetener
- ½ cup coconut oil or cocoa butter, melted
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- zest of 3 lemons
- For the crust: Wash the raisins, drain them and put them in the food processor along with the nuts. Process for a few minutes until a soft dough is formed. If you do not like the small pieces of nuts in the base, process the nuts until they become powdered and add the raisins afterwards.
- For the lemon cream: Put in blender half of the cashews, the lemon juice, the agave nectar, the zest and the coconut oil and blend for 3-4 minutes until the mixture is creamy and uniform. Add the rest of the cashews and blend for few more minutes until they are incorporated in the mixture and the texture of the cream is smooth and homogeneous.
- Assembly: Line a cheesecake pan of 20-22 cm diameter with greaseproof paper and spread the crust mixture over the bottom. Press with your hands to distribute equally and form the crust. Pour the lemon cream on top of the crust and refrigerate for 8-12 hours to set.
- Before serving garnish with lemon zest, nuts or lemon slices.
Note: My secret for a mouthwatering lemon cream is the use of really fresh organic lemons.
- Raw vegan chocolate cheesecake II
- Raw vegan white chocolate, vanilla cheesecake
- Vegan tiramisu semi-raw (with a fully raw option)
- Orange pie with phyllo pastry and orange custard – vegan and sugar free
- Raw vegan chocolate and caramel cupcakes
- Strawberry fields raw mini uncheesecakes
- Raw vegan “Black Forest” cake