Breakfast is my favorite meal of the day and I like to have plenty of options when it’s time for it! However for me, breakfast has to be rich in nutrients, healthy and hearty, first of all because when I wake up I’m very hungry and second because the hours that follow it, are the most demanding of the day as I have to go to work and do thousands of things before and after it.
One of the meals I often have for breakfast is this chocolate smoothie because it’s absolutely delicious! Additionally it’s made of 100 % raw, unprocessed ingredients, it has a light and creamy mousse -like texture, it’s rich in nutrients, vitamins and beneficial omega – 3 fatty acids as well as fibers that keep me full for hours after consuming it.
Especially after my morning workout when I am even hungrier, I garnish my smoothie bowl with plenty of cereals, fruits and nuts.
- 1 tbsp flaxseeds
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 tbsp sunflower seeds, peeled
- ½ cup water or vegan milk or vegan kefir
- 1 tsp raw carob powder
- 1 tbsp unsweetened cocoa
- 1 tbsp blond raisins or 1-2 dates
- 1 ripe banana
- ¼ cup strawberries (4-5)
- 1 tsp wheat grass powder (optional)
- ½ tsp cinnamon
Granola, strawberries, banana slices, kiwi slices, nuts
- The night before or at least half an hour before breakfast, mix the seeds in a bowl with ½ cup of water or vegan milk of your choice and leave in the refrigerator to soak. I usually soak my seeds overnight because they soften and thus add a wonderful, creamy texture to my smoothie smoothie.
- Put the seeds with the liquid in the blender and add the remaining ingredients. Blend at high speed until a thick cream has been formed. In my blender (which is a regular one) it doesn’t take more than 1-2 minutes.
- Serve immediately and garnish with breakfast cereals, fruits and nuts of your choice.
- Fresh pumpkin seed milk – quick and easy recipe
- Beet and strawberry smoothie
- Chocolate mousse with avocado, coconut milk and pistachios
- Delicious breakfast bowl with fresh nut milk, rolled oats and persimmon
- Green salad with fresh strawberries & roasted pumpkin seeds
- Calcium-boost fresh fig and carob smoothie
- Chocolate rum avocado ice-cream