“…Let me take you down
‘Cause I’m going to Strawberry Fields
Nothing is real
And nothing to get hung about
Strawberry Fields forever…”
(4 mini cheesecakes)
For the base
- 3 tbsp dry grated coconut
- 3 tbsp ground flaxseeds
- 3 tbsp raw almonds
- 3 Medjoul dates, pitted
- 1-2 tbsp orange juice or water
For the filling
- 1 cup raw cashews soaked for 4-6 hours and drained
- ½ cup coconut oil melted
- 150 gr strawberries, washed, stems removed
- ½ tbsp raw, finely grated beetroot
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- ¼ cup raw agave syrup or other liquid sweetener
For the décor
- 4 strawberries halved
- extra grated coconut
- Lay a tray with greaseproof paper and place over 4 small metal rings for mini cheesecakes. Alternatively you can use 6-8 cup muffin pans lined with paper cups.
- Prepare the base: In the food processor, process the almonds until powdered. Add the grated coconut, the flaxseed and the dates and process for one minute until the “dough” forms into a ball.” Divide it into 4 parts, place one on each metal ring and press with our fingers to cover the bottom of the pan.
- Prepare the filling: Blend the drained cashews with the strawberries and the lemon juice. Stop blending every few seconds and clean the walls with your spatula until all the solid parts are blended and a smooth cream has been formed.
- Add the agave syrup, melted coconut oil and beetroot and continue blending until homogenized.
- Pour the cream mixture into each metal ring or muffin cup and with a spatula flatten their surface.
- Decorate with strawberries, dried coconut or other topping of choice and leave in the refrigerator for at least 6 hours until set.
- Serving: Using a knife, remove the metal rings. Transfer them in a serving plate and enjoy.
Note: In order to make their texture even more interesting, you can add in the base mixture 2-3 tbsp dried buckwheat sprouts. Dried buckwheat sprouts are crispy with an almost neutral flavor and thus they give a sense of crisp wafer in the base without altering its taste. We can find them in some organic or vegan food shops and if we have a dehydrator, we can also prepare them by ourselves.