Baileys used to be my drink when I wanted something to warm me up during winter. Of course after I became vegan I simply forgot about it, until I found out that I could make this creamy,seductive drink at home with coconut milk.
This vegan Bailey’s recipe is actually better than the original thing. Vegan or not, you should give it a try!
- 1 can (400 ml) full-fat coconut milk or coconut cream
- ¾ cup whiskey
- ¾ cup raw brown sugar
- 1 serving espresso
- 1 tsp cocoa powder
- In a saucepan, add the coconut milk with the coffee, the cocoa powder and the sugar and bring to boil.
- Whisk for 1-2 minutes until the sugar and the cocoa are dissolved.
- Remove from the heat, add the whiskey and stir well. Leave for 1-2 hours aside to cool.
- Transfer into sterile bottles.
Note: You can keep it for up to two weeks at room temperature, as alcohol as well as sugar act as preservatives. However if you are about to keep it longer, you should keep it in the fridge.
- St. Valentine’s Day panna cotta – A super easy, 3-ingredient vegan dessert
- Vegan strawberry panna cotta
- Decadent orange tart
- Vegan tiramisu semi-raw (with a fully raw option)
- Bergamot spoon sweet
- Super easy and soft, 3-ingredient halva ice-cream
- Muffins with whole wheat flour, lemon and poppy seeds for November 1st!