The “standard” celebration of love proposes each year its own flavors. Certainly I think that all days are ideal to express our love through our cooking and not only … For such circumstances, I’ve imagined a dessert as follows: white cream, red sour-cherry syrup, rich texture, tantalizing taste.
And …oups! That’s the vegan version of the traditional Italian baked cream. Containing agar instead of gelatin and coconut milk instead of dairy, this is one of the easiest to make and most delicate, in the same time, vegan desserts one can offer to his loved ones.
- 2 cups (480 ml) coconut milk (whole fat) or homemade rich almond milk
- 2 tsp agar agar powder
- 2-3 tbsp coconut or raw cane sugar
Sour-cherries in syrup to serve
- In a medium size sauce pan add all the ingredients at room temperature: coconut milk, sugar, agar agar.
- Stir well with a whisk in order to dissolve agar powder, turn on the heat and let the mix boil. Stir during the whole process.
- When tiny bubbles will start forming, reduce the heat and keep cooking and stirring for 2 more minutes.
- Turn off the heat, divide the mixture into four ramekins and leave to cool. Place into the fridge for at least an hour, until set.
- To serve the panna cotta, loosen by running a knife around the inside perimeter of the dish, then invert onto a plate, add sour-cherry syrup along with some sour-cherries and enjoy.