Peanut butter and cacao powder are two ingredients that are rarely absent from my cupboards. Especially, when they are blended together into recipes, most of the times the final result is yummy!
So this time, I decided to experiment with peanut butter and cacao, in order to create a rich, creamy and in the same time, healthy spread. It’s exactly what it takes when we crave for some chocolate stuff or when we want to relish our breakfast and add some taste to our afternoon snack. Additionally it can be used as a topping in our cakes, muffins or biscuits, adding extra bonus to our creations. In any case, this chocolaty spread is something that one should try at least once!
- 1 cup peanut butter
- ½ cup agave nectar or other liquid sweetener
- 1/3 cup orange juice or water at room temperature
- 4 tbsp unsweetened cacao powder
- Put in a bowl or in the blender the orange juice, the agave nectar and the cacao powder and stir with a fork or blend until all the ingredients are well mixed.
- Then add gradually the peanut butter, stirring (or blending) well each time, until smooth and creamy.
- Put the spread in a sterilized, airtight glass jar and keep in the fridge. You can keep it for more than a week.
Note: Although the recipe is very simple, it is necessary to follow the steps above in order to achieve a smooth, creamy texture.
- Chocolate rum avocado ice-cream
- Chocolate mousse with avocado, coconut milk and pistachios
- Raw vegan chocolate cheesecake II
- Raw vegan lemon pie
- Carobella – creamy tahini and carob spread
- Orange pie with phyllo pastry and orange custard – vegan and sugar free
- Vegan tiramisu semi-raw (with a fully raw option)