Although called “salad” because of the variety of flavors and colors, this can be also served as a main delicious and filling dish that can be prepared in less than half an hour, especially if we use canned corn and beans.
Usually we consume this dish warm but it is also delicious when cold, the next day.
- 250 g. pasta farfella or penne, colored
- 200 g. fresh cherry tomatoes
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic crushed (optional)
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- ¾ cup corn boiled and drained
- ¾ cup red beans cooked and drained
- ½ cup olives of your choice (preferably pitted)
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh rosemary
- 4/3 tbsp chopped parsley
- 2 tbsp balsamic
- ½ tsp oregano
- salt and freshly ground pepper
- In nonstick skillet saute the onion with the garlic and olive oil over medium heat for 1-2 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes, lower the heat and let cook for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile cook the pasta in plenty of water according to the instructions. Strain the pasta, put the strainer under the faucet and rinse to avoid sticking.
- Once tomatoes are cooked, add to the pan the corn, the beans, the olives and the balsamic vinegar. Mix with a wooden spoon to combine, turn off the heat and add the herbs and spices.
- Pour the pasta into the pan and mix gently.
- Transfer in a bowl and serve warm.
Note: If you are in hurry you can use canned corn and beans, drained. In case that fresh rosemary is not available, you can use 1/2 tbsp dried after grinding it a little with a mortar.