When we are invited for dinner I usually prefer, instead of buying something, to make a small, sweet gift for my friends. Especially after dinner a satisfying dessert is more than welcome for some people.
Raw truffles are my first choice, since they can be easily prepared, they can be rich and tasty and all you have to do is to put them in a nice box or jar decorated with some colorful ribbons and maybe a handmade card.
The other day that we were invited for dinner, I made these fudgy chocolate and prune truffles and everybody loved them! For the recipe I used dried, pitted prunes and cocoa powder, two ingredients that work very well together. This is maybe the reason why, with few ingredients and without extra sweeteners, these healthy treats are absolutely amazing.
- 2 cups (400 g) dried plums (prunes), pitted
- 1 cup shelled walnuts
- 1 cup dry grated coconut
- ½ cup raw cocoa powder
- 2-3 tbsp orange juice (or rum if you do not avoid alcohol)
- extra dry, grated coconut for sprinkling
- Put the walnuts in a food processor and process for a few minutes, until creamy.
- Add the plums along with the orange juice and process for 2 more minutes on high speed, until a homogeneous mixture has been formed.
- Add the grated coconut and cocoa and continue processing for few more seconds until smooth.
- Put the mixture in the refrigerator for 15 minutes.
- Add the extra grated coconut in a bowl. Shape the truffles –I want them walnut-sized- and roll in the grated coconut.
- Let them stand for 2-3 hours in the refrigerator and serve.